Ronaldo received FIFA Ballon d’Or ahead of Lionel Messi and Manuel Neuer
Real Madrid’s Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo received the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2014 prize at an awards ceremony in Zurich Monday.
Ronaldo, 29, managed to win the individual worldwide trophy twice in a row. In 2014, he beat Barcelona’s Argentine forward Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich’s German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach, FIFA President Sepp Blatter, UEFA President Michel Platini and many famous football players and coaches attended the ceremony.
Several other awards, such as Team of the Year, FIFA Puskas Award (Goal of the Year) and FIFA Fair Play Award were also presented at the same event.
The list of awards and winners is as follows:
FIFA FIFPro World XI Award (Team of the Year)
Goalkeeper: Manuel Neuer (Germany)
Defenders: Philipp Lahm (Germany), Sergio Ramos (Spain), David Luiz (Brazil), Thiago Silva (Brazil)
Midfielders: Angel Di Maria (Argentina), Toni Kroos (Germany), Andres Iniesta (Spain)
Forwards: Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Lionel Messi (Argentina) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
– FIFA Presidential Award: Hiroshi Kagawa (Japan)
– FIFA World Coach of the Year for Women’s Football: Ralf Kellermann (Germany)
– FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men’s Football: Joachim Low (Germany)
– FIFA Fair Play Award: FIFA Volunteers
– FIFA Puskas Award (Goal of the Year): James Rodriguez (Colombia) (The goal against Uruguay in the 2014 FIFA World Cup)
– FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year 2014 : Nadine Kessler (Germany)
– FIFA Ballon D’Or 2014: Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
You must log in to post a comment.