The director was exchanged in advance.
Two years after a deal worth millions with the streaming giant Netflix, the first production from Sussex is to be released: a documentary about the love story of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan.
A dramatic trailer is now fueling expectations of the show. The half-minute clip, which Netflix shared on social media on Thursday, consists of emotional black and white footage.
“With so much at stake, doesn’t it make more sense to hear our story from ourselves?” Meghan asks the audience. The 41-year-old can be seen several times wiping tears from her face or throwing her head in her hands. Her husband Harry is a caring father: “Nobody sees what happens behind closed doors,” says the 38-year-old into the camera. “I had to do everything to protect my family.”
With these hints, the couple alludes to his dramatic departure from British royal family and the experiences that led to this decision.
Six part series
According to Netflix, the show is a six-part documentary series. As “Page Six” reports, the couple has been accompanied for several years, both on their property in California and on various trips. There had been rumors in the past that the royals were planning a reality show. However, they had denied this.
The series is reportedly slated for release on December 8th. Netflix itself has not yet announced a specific date, but calls the release a “global event”.
Original director fired
The show had already caused a stir in the run-up to Harry and Meghan replacing the original director, Garrett Bradley, due to different ideas. His successor is now Oscar and Emmy award winner Liz Garbus. In a recent interview with Variety magazine, Meghan said she trusts Garbus with her story, “even if it’s told differently than we would have.”
Last year, Meghan and Harry did not mince words in a sensational television interview with US talk show host Oprah Winfrey and accused the palace of racism and lack of support. Harry is also preparing for the publication of his autobiography in January.