Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan claimed that left-wing group responsible for the bombing of the US Embassy DHKP / C , while the power failure before the incident do not take recording and CCTV cameras retains its mystery.
The suicide bomber who killed one person and wounded another on Friday in an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Ankara is a member of an outlawed leftist group, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said.
Turkish PM Erdoğan’s statement confirmed reports claiming the attacker was a 30-year-old member of the outlawed Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C). The suspect, identified as Ecevit Şanlı, has previously spent time in prison, according to reports.
“The suicide bomber exploded the bomb right after crossing [the personnel entry] and died in the explosion. A birth mark on his head proves [his identity], but DNA tests will be carried out to make sure. It is clear that he is a member of DHKP/C. He has perpetrated such attacks before,” Erdogan said.
Erdoğan also played down claims that the attack might be related to Turkey’s position on the Syria crisis. “I don’t reach to this conclusion. You know that the DHKP/C made some other attempts lately, but Turkey is taking steps against terrorism as well,” said Erdoğan, highlighting the recent police raids against lawyers and alleged members of the leftist group.
Suspected suicide bomber Ecevit Şanlı spent time in prison between 1997 and 2000 for attacking an Istanbul military guest house, Harbiye Orduevi, with a flame thrower.
He participated in hunger strikes while being held in Ümraniye Prison in 2000, a time when massive hunger strikes were initiated in Turkish prisons. Şanlı, who suffered from Wernicke Korsakoff syndrome, was released on probation in 2002.
The Ankara Governor’s Office also confirmed that the suspect was a member of DHKP/C and had attacked an Istanbul military guesthouse in 1997. The attacker has been identified by his family to the authorities but before his name is officially disclosed a DNA test will be completed.
The statement added that the suicide bomber tried to enter the U.S. embassy with fake identification.
US Embassy Bombing Ankara:Why Before the bombing, causing the region’s electricity was cut off ?
Security cameras were not recording at the moment of the blast due to a power outage in the area, according to claims.
It is not clear whether or not the embassy building was the only building experiencing the outage.
Officials from the company that is responsible for the the capital’s power are reportedly at the scene as well.
American and Turkish intelligence agencies are currently investigating the electrical power going to cause in the area.Because the only US Embassy not only embassy on the region.
Turkish officials accused marxist terror group DHKP / C but American side still thinks that Al-Qaeda-linked about attack.